Monday, November 23, 2009

Attempt at Poetry in Arabic

لو يختفي العالم
If the world disappears

ليوم واحد جميل
For one beautiful day

انا حكون مبصوطه في يدينك
I will be happy in your arms

مع ابتسامتك حلوه
With your sweet smile

في عيوني
In my eyes

اليوم هذه كله
The whole day



لو كل الناس في العالم
If all the people in the world

مشين بعيد منا
Go far away from us

ليوم جميل واحد
For one beautiful day

قلبينا حكون فل
Our hearts will be full

مع السلام
With peace



لو يختفي العالم
If the world disappears

انا حقلتليك
I will tell you

نوم حبي
Sleep

نوم هينا
Sleep here

في يديا
In my two arms

في الحب
In love

Ok, so that was the line by line literal translation. Here's a slightly better one:

If the world disappeared
for one beautiful day
I would be happy in your arms
your sweet smile would fill my eyes
all day long

If everyone in the world left us
for one beautiful day
Our hearts would fill
with peace

If the world disappeared
I would tell you
sleep my love
sleep here
in my arms
in love

1 comment: